Saturday, February 14, 2009

Which seed are you?

"Still others, like the seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful." Mark 4:18

This verse really spoke to me today. I feel like this is me and a lot of the church today. We are so consumed with worries, pursuit of the American dream and our obsession with possesions that we are unfruitful for the gospel.
I have been struggling with prayer- believeing that God not only hears me but that I have the ability to plea with him to change his mind or answer my prayer. I know in my head that he does hear and so many times has answered- but why now do I wrestle with unbelief? I think it has to do with the effectiveness of the Word...meaning the worries, wealth and idols in my life.
I pray that I would be transformed into verse 20..."Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop- thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times what was sown."
Lord, I want to not be a hearer of the word but a doer and believer- make me affective for the gospel.
Does this speak to anyone elses heart?

No comments: