Monday, May 3, 2010

Newest Love

Not sure how many of you know this but I have fallen in love....with sewing! I have been sewing for a little over a year and have made tons of stuff like: burp cloths, baby towels, skirts, PJ pants, dresses and my latest project pillow cases...seems simple but these pillow cases have a ZIPPER! This a very scary word for a begining seamstress because zippers are a huge challenge- but thanks to my friend Kate I learned an eazy technique and how cute are these pillows? They have a different pattern on each side so I can flip them for a new look whenever I choose. The free tutorial on these pillows and tons of other cute sewing projects is Come and See the Seitz. So I ordered some new fabric and it came today, not exactly sure what I will be making but I'll keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Steph D said...

Super cute! I'm impressed! I can't wait to see what you create!

nicole aka gidget said...

good for you! sewing's the best!

Jen said...

cute fabrics!!! where did you get them?

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

fabric.com...great deals and free shipping when you spend $35!

aprilmae said...

So cute! Great idea to blog about it, too:)