Thursday, January 15, 2009

What goes in must come out

So I have recently discovered that Wesley may be allergic to dairy. If you don't get it because babies drink milk...he is allergic to the milk products that I eat and end up in my breast milk. He was having terrible gas- I mean bad. He would wake himself up from tummy pain and grunt and cry just trying to get it out. At first I chalked it up to normal infant gas but now with all the trouble sleeping I thought I would mention it at mom's group. I find out that 2 other moms and babies are having similar issues. I didn't even realize the other symptoms he was having like green mucus poop- how was I suppose to know that wan't normal? Also if you have lactose intolerance in the family they are more likely to be allergic (Dave and dairy don't mix- hello get a clue right!) So no more dairy for this cheeseaholic- which has been totally hard. Don't you always crave something more when you can't have it? Anyway it will be worth it if it helps him sleep and not be in so much pain. We did have a break through today- 1 yellow poop!! We may be on to something. I have never been so obessed with poop before but I guess it comes with the territory of being a mom.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, I hope you figured out the problem! Is he sleeping any better without the dairy?

Lori said...

no more cheese! oh no friend, God is going to teach you self-control through this one! I feel for you. And I remember some discussions of poop in the Islay house - hehe. Hope you are getting more sleep with the allergy discovery. :)

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

Still not better, we cut out tomatos, onions and garlic. seems to be helping a little. sleeping a tiny bit better.